Podcast Episode #518
We constantly hear from pastors wanting to see prayer increase in their churches. The secret to becoming a praying church is to…pray.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- There is a great desire to pray more in churches, but a lack of consistent application in corporate worship settings.
- Anything you want to increase in your church will take intentionality.
- Prayer is visible and active in praying churches. People are encouraged by seeing others pray.
- Sometimes liturgy and routine can lead to rigidity and a lack of flexibility in a corporate worship service.
The seven ways churches make prayer a focus are:
- They stress the priority of prayer
- They have a designated time of corporate prayer with clear guidelines
- They share stories of answered prayers
- They provide prayer guides in the worship folder/bulletin
- They have visible manifestations of prayer
- They pray to send people out from the worship services
- They have people pray during and before the worship services
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
Rainer on Leadership is a member of the LifeWay Leadership Podcast Network
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead…
WHAT DO YOU THINK?- We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
If you are not a Christian, and would like to become a Christian. Simply say - "LORD Jesus, thank you for forgiving me of my SINs, today I am deciding to follow you. Accept me into your family, in Jesus name I pray. Amen "
If you still have questions , click here to Contact Us, we are here to help
Unless otherwise specified, the news and opinions expressed are solely the source's and author's and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Christian Mail.