What information do we collect? How will we use it?
When you sign up for our newsletters, we need to know your e-mail address, first and last name. We gather this information only to get a better understanding of who you are and better serve you. We may use your name in order to personalize communications we have with you.
When you make comments on our website, we collect some details from you. This is done so we can respond and control what is written on our website . Us or our partners may also use the information collected to occasionally notify you about special promotions, events and products updates, services and special offers you may find valuable.
We do not sell your personal information to others. However, we may rent our newsletter list and offer our email lists to our partners of those subscribers who have “opt-in.” We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, traffic patterns, and related demographic information to our partners, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
Our site’s registration, orders and survey forms require users to give us contact information (like their name, email, and postal address), financial information (like paypal account or credit card numbers), and demographic information (like their zip code, age, or income level). Contact information from the these forms are used to ship purchases and information about our company. The customer’s contact information is also used to get in touch with the you when necessary.
- Passes no significant information about the user to the Internet or to ChristianMail
- Is not analyzed to yield any information. We use “cookies” for the following interaction with our websites:
We run advertisement on our website. Our website is managed by the revenue we get from Adverts and Event publication on our website, and such advert code are managed by the third party providers themselves. Some of our advertisers are, Google, Criteo, TradeDoubler, and many more. Please contact us, if you which to know the complete list.
Special Note About Google Advertising
Any advertisements served by Google, Inc., and affiliated companies may be controlled using cookies. These cookies allow Google to display ads based on your visits to this site and other sites that use Google advertising services.
Learn how to opt out of Google’s cookie usage. As mentioned above, any tracking done by Google through cookies and other mechanisms is subject to Google’s own privacy policies.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads and collect information when users visit our site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements on our site, other websites and other forms of media about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, check out http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp .
Navigation and Personalization:
On Page Comments, Forums and Online Chat
This site has chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
This site contains links to other sites. CM is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Security of Information Collected
The customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access. Christian Mail maintains personal information gathered online in a secure environment protected from unauthorized third party access, alteration, or misuse. Information collected from online visitors is stored on database and other servers kept in secure locations under the custody and control of Christian Mail or its third party vendors. Christian Mail also uses technologies and processes such as encryption, access control procedures and network firewalls to protect such servers. User accounts and related information are password protected using industry-standard, commercially reasonable methods. Christian Mail makes commercially reasonable efforts to protect such information and to limit its use and disclosure of such information as described herein, but cannot guarantee that such efforts will be successful.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- We will NOT collect, use, or distribute to third parties personally identifiable information without prior verifiable parental consent.
- We will NOT give the child access to unmonitored chat rooms, message boards, email accounts, or other services that would give the child the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information without prior verifiable parental consent
- When verifiable parental consent is not obtained, we will only use the online contact information (such as email) to:
- Respond directly to the child’s request on a one-time basis and not use that information to re-contact the child for other purposes.
- Request the name or online contact information of a parent for the purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing parental notification.
- Respond more than once directly to a specific request from a child (such as in the case where a child requests a newsletter subscription) and not used to re-contact the child for other purposes. We will use our best efforts to provide parental notification, which will include the nature and intended use as well as an opportunity for the parent to prevent the use of the information and participation in the activity.
- We will provide the parent a description of the specific types of a personally identifiable information collected from their child upon request. We will allow the parent to refuse further use or future online collection of personally identifiable information and provide a way for a parent to obtain any personally identifiable information collected from their child.
- We will provide notice to children in age appropriate terms of what personally identifiable information is to be collected.
- We will NOT provide any links to websites that are unsuitable for children.
- We will encourage children to get their parent’s permission before sharing personal information online. Any questions regarding the information we collect from children or our parental consent policy should be directed to:
Christian Mail News Service
Luther King House Theological Trust
Tel: 00 44 746 286 0204