iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play • Spotify
Biblical church membership is important in churches. While it may be tempting to just clean the rolls and start from scratch in a revitalization with bloated rolls, there are better ways to go about this.
Today’s Listener Question:
What are your recommendations for leading a church to a healthy view of meaningful membership? And what are your thoughts about “inactive” membership as a “middle way” for those who are hesitant with removing non-attending members from the rolls?
- “Before removing inactive members from the church roll, you’re going to need the leadership of the church supporting the direction.”
- Too many church members see a church membership roll as equal to the Lamb’s Book of Life.
- For healthy church discipline to occur, healthy church membership must first be present.
- You church’s mission and vision should be tied to healthy membership.
The five keys to leading a church to meaningful membership that we discuss are:
- Learn tactical patience
- Emphasize a new members’ class
- Give examples of other churches
- Work on the membership rolls
- Tie the vision to healthy membership
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
WHAT DO YOU THINK?- We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
If you are not a Christian, and would like to become a Christian. Simply say - "LORD Jesus, thank you for forgiving me of my SINs, today I am deciding to follow you. Accept me into your family, in Jesus name I pray. Amen "
If you still have questions , click here to Contact Us, we are here to help
Unless otherwise specified, the news and opinions expressed are solely the source's and author's and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Christian Mail.