The BBC’s popular four-part drama series “The Nativity”. This DVD includes a public showing license, and also FREE resources for churches and schools for use with the DVD.
The creative classroom-learning materials – written by Stephen Pett, RE Today and author of The Bible: the Big Story – will provide a credible way of communicating the Christmas story to students.
- Time-saving resource which covers the syllabus for KS3 RE
- Provides a variety of dynamic ways to help engage students
- Reflective activities and discussion starters
- A unique, dramatic and contemporary twist on the familiar Christmas story
- Certifcate PG, region 2 PAL, Length 120 minutes (in four parts)
- Includes English subtitles
- Give your church or local community a fresh perspective on the familiar Christmas story
- Reel Issues discussion notes to support, encourage and develop discussions within your church or youth groups
- Introduce the drama to your community during a Christmas outreach programme
- Resources also include the report The Politics of Christmas from Christian think tank THEOS – a valuable tool which promises to surprise and inspire readers
The DVD cost includes a public showing license enabling it to be shown in educational, church and cultural settings provided there is no admission charge. It may also be shown in a home setting.
No extra licenses are required to show this as part of outreach activity.
Daily Telegraph said, ‘There are no gimmicks – simply a gentle, compassionate retelling of a very familiar story.’
Dr Krish Kandiah from Evangelical Alliance added, ‘The powerful story of the Nativity speaks of God’s love for all of us. This is a great resource to experience the wonder of Jesus’ birth in a new way.’
Roy Crowne, from Hope, said, ‘The nativity story presented in this contemporary way shows the power of this event in history. It’s for the church to authentically communicate the story which is relevant today to every community. The Nativity communicates hope in so many ways where people are desperate for hope.’
Lat Blaylock, Editor RE Today, ‘The BBC Nativity series will inspire some great RE where teachers use it. The portrayal of the story is far from the chocolate box or Christmas card of clean straw and polished stable floor: great performances raise a hundred questions about why this story matters so much and is loved so widely. I hope it is shown in thousands of schools – it deserves to be.’Free downloadable resources
Plenty in stock | ISBN: 9780564039067 | Format: DVD | Published: 02 December 2011
Schools resources – materials to help aid RE studies and engage students
Church discussion notes – support and encourage discussions with church groups
Nativity reflections – brought to you by Elizabeth Hunter from Christian think tank THEOS
Unless otherwise specified, the news and opinions expressed are solely the source's and author's and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Christian Mail.